If you've ever wondered what would happen if you put pajama pants in the microwave,
(I know, it is a common thing to wonder about)
here is what happens:
well, if they are made out of synthetic materials at least

So, just for the history books-
These are Porter's Christmas Eve pj pants. I guess we let him drink a bit too much before bed. He usually is VERY good. He hardly ever has bed wetting accidents. Like maybe 3 or 4 in his whole life. Well, Christmas Even 2011 happened to be one of them. Poor guy. Anyway, he came into our room at about 3 am and said his pants were wet. We helped him change his undies, and took the pants to dry- to try to salvage them before the morning so he could still wear them in the all the morning pictures. I rinsed out the top part and hung to dry for a while thinking that they might have time to dry. I didn't want to go downstairs to the dryer unless I had to. Well, with a quick check at about 4:30, they were still pretty wet. Noah took them downstairs and put them in the dryer. Even after a while though it wasn't really doing much. So. He took matters into his own hands. It was a pretty good idea I guess, to a 4 in the morning brain. So anyway, he took the pants and put them in the microwave for a couple of minutes!! It worked. They were dry in nothing flat. He brought them back up, put them back on Porter and we all went back to bed. Crisis averted.
That is until we all woke up and turned on more lights! As we waited at the top of the stairs Porter said "Mom, why do my pants have black stuff all over them?" Upon closer inspection, they not only had black singe marks, but holes as well where the fabric had literally just been fried! We couldn't believe it! It was such a bummer, yet also so hilarious at the same time. We were all laughing so hard, I almost cried! It was an awesome story, really.
Poor little Porter. I don't think he thought it was as funny as the adults. Well, we let him wear them anyway, and you can kind of tell in some of the pictures if you pay attention. The holes started to get bigger and bigger though, so he opted to change halfway thru opening presents. We promised him some new Christmas jammies, and moved on.
It might go down in history though, as one of my favorite Christmas stories ever. It was pretty awesome looking back. Definitely doesn't happen every day. Next time we'll know. Don't put pants in the microwave!
1 comment:
That is the best story ever! I laughed out loud!
Post a Comment