All of us enjoying George Washington's backyard. Not too shabby! A perfect view of the Potomac. A few of my favorite things about Mt. Vernon besides the GORGEOUS view- were the original key to the Bastille that he had been given because he was "the father of all Liberty", and the awesome Spartan green dining room! Let me tell ya folks, it was GREEN!
G & A and the boys in front of the original Wright Flyer.

I had to get a picture of my diplomat with the original Secretary of State- Thomas Jefferson. This was actually the first time that Noah and I had been this close. Just kept driving by it, shame on us. It was beautiful.

We used the opportunity we had sans kiddos (got a babysitter for our twilight tour) to linger at some of the other sites I had been wanting to explore more closely. The Korea Memorial was really amazing, especially at night- all of the soldiers in their ponchos and gear. Giant radios and equipment to haul around, and miserable conditions. It gave me a whole new appreciation. The side wall is also covered with real images of the servicemen. It really was awesome.

We were just able to see Iwo Jima up close quickly because of a giant downpour that started. Amazingly enough though, the picture I got really turned out cool. You can see some of the raindrops, and the sky is kind of an appropriate color for the moment.


Lastly, I'll finish up this post with a shot of the White House all lit up. It really is beautiful at night, and this was also the first time since we've been here that we went this close to it! We had so much fun while they were here, and loved spending some family time before we head out. Anyone else want to come visit? You've got a month from today! Come on over!
1 comment:
Can I take you up on your "come on over" offer? I am so excited to come and this post was just perfect!
Post a Comment